Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dante's Peak

Shen Daixin (Sayler)

I read Dante's Peak. It is an adventurous and exciting story. The story has already been made a famous film which was first released in America in February 1997. In the film, Pierce Brosnan is Harry Dalton and Linda Hamilton is Rachel. I started reading it on the 20th of August and I finished reading it on the 23rd of August.

Harry Dalton is a world famous scientist. He knows a lot of about volcanoes. One day his boss, Paul Dreyfus, sends him to the small town of Dante's Peak on a mountain in the north of the USA. Harry finds the volcano is going to erupt in this town, but no one believed him because the town has just achieved first rank for environment in America. The volcano erupts when the people organize a royal celebration campaign. The alarmed people are getting away from the town but the town's mayor Rachel can't find her daughter. Rachel is a single mother and she has just one child. She is very alarmed. Rachel wants to find her daughter. Harry throws himself into the breach and helps her find her daughter. In the course, Rachel fell in love with Harry. When they after safe, their love grows. In the end they marry and have happy lives. This story tells us we should listen to other people and not downgrade nature's power.

I think this story is very great and everyone should read this story. Reading this story was not easy and so many words I couldn't read, but it did not affect the effect of the story on me. I like this story and I will watch the film of the story.

1 comment: