Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Apollo 13

Shen (Patrick) Hu

I read APOLLO 13. This is an authentic record, and very famous. I started reading it on the 14th of August and I finished reading it on the 17th of August.

The book's main characters are astronauts.I think they're very brave and resourceful.

Apollo 13 narrates the story of 3 astronauts trip to the moon. Originally the astronaut’s task was so dangerous but due to an accident they were placed in a completely different strange world. They could have been abandoned in outer space, never to return to earth. Drifting in an infinite universe would be really terrible.

As a component of the damage, the return to earth opportunity was fading. When they overcame some technical problems new problems come up. The temperature was sharply down, but by now I saw their team solidarity and cooperation. They pumped up and encouraged each other. They made a successful landing on earth! Seeing the astronauts go safe out of the cabin, I gave a deep breath.

The book made me see people's calmness in the face of danger, wisdom and a spirit of cooperation. It also showed the family of a nation, or in other words national unity, When I read this book I could feel the astronauts worry and fear, but also delight in their success. Apollo 13 is a good book, and a good story so I want to introduce it to my fellow students. The book tells me to be brave.

7 comments: